Fast relief from pregnancy aches and pains
Pregnancy is a wonderful human experience, but it can also be quite challenging for an expectant mother as she goes through continual hormonal and physical changes. These changes can have a big impact on her emotions and well-being.
Prenatal massage is especially adapted to the sensibility of pregnant women. It can help restore well-being and peace during the 9 months of upheavals and also help with connecting with the baby.
Physical Benefits of Prenatal Massage
• Remedial massage brings rest and deep relaxation
• Improves skin tone, brings softness, light and elasticity to the skin
• Prepares and softens the body (skin and muscles) in a gentle way
• Relieves heavy legs and lower back pain, joints aches and pain
Physiological Benefits of Prenatal Massage
• Increases blood and lymphatic flows
• Helps regulate fluctuating hormone levels and brings emotional hypersensitivity to rest
• Decreases the stress hormone levels (cortisol and adrenaline) that can affect the baby’s growth process
• Releases Serotonin also called the feel good hormone which calms down the nervous system and reinforces the immune system
• Releases Melatonin also called the sleep hormone which promotes sleep by calming the mind, improving the sleeping cycles and body regeneration
• Releases Endorphins also called the happy hormone which has a soothing effect on emotions and allows better management of stressful situations and relief of anxiety